Sunday, August 12, 2012

Great Horned Owl

Nikon D4 600F4 with 1.7 TC @F8 1/1250 ISO 1000 +.67EC

I am usually not a fan of using Teleconvertors on lens as it normally softens the image.  I did not have much choice tonight as I did not want to disturb this owl and it was all open ground between it and me and a stalk was pretty much out of the question.  I switched to using Auto ISO with ISO200 as minimum and ISO 10,000 as maximum with threshold shutter speed of 1/1250s. 


Until next time

Jim Borden




6 comments:

Friend of HK said...

Wow! Love the first pose!

Giga said...

Bardzo lubię sowy i to te z "uszami". Piękne zdjęcia. Pozdrawiam.
I like owls and those from the "ears". Beautiful pictures. Yours.

Daniel LaFrance said...

Found my way here via Camera Critters.

Beautiful specimen and great capture!

bailey-road.com said...

Beautiful captures!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Wow , great pictures, what a capture

Seema said...

great pictures of the owl..treat for the eyes